At Flying Kites, our school population is comprised of Njabini's most vulnerable children. Working in a rural setting with limited resources presents significant challenges and our efforts to combat child marriage, female genital mutilation, and to prevent the physical and sexual abuse of our female students have culminated in our intensive, year-long initiative Wasichana Pamoja (Girls United). Through this program, our female students learn how to stay safe and protect their potential. Every term, our girls take their leadership skills into the wider community, where they advocate against gender-based violence and educate others on the rights of girls around the world.
THROUGH THIS PROGRAM GIRLS RECEIVE:
- Mentorship & Guidance Counseling
- On-going My Body, Myself Training
- Comprehensive Sex Education
- Access to Legal Services and Our Emergency Response Team
- Access to Sanitary Pads and Self-Care Workshops
- Leadership Training and Opportunities to Serve the Community