At Flying Kites, our school population is comprised of some of Njabini's most vulnerable children. Our efforts to combat child marriage, female genital mutilation, and to prevent the physical and sexual abuse of female students have culminated in our intensive, year-long initiative Girls United (Wasichana Pamoja). Through this program, our students learn about issues affecting girls. Through the FK School Network, our girls have the opportunity to take their leadership skills into the wider community, where they advocate against gender-based violence and educate others on the rights of girls around the world.
THROUGH THIS PROGRAM GIRLS RECEIVE:
- Mentorship & Guidance Counseling
- On-going My Body, Myself Training
- Comprehensive Sex Education
- Access to Sanitary Pads and Self-Care Workshops
- Leadership Training and Opportunities to Serve the Community