General Summary: Flying Kites seeks a driven and passionate professional to join our team as Administration and Finance Associate. The Associate will provide daily administrative support, maintain donor and financial databases (Bloomerang, MailChimp, Quickbooks, ADP), manage donation processing and acknowledgement, oversee payroll processing, and assist with other office management duties. The role requires exceptional organization and communication skills; careful attention to detail; superior responsiveness; ethics and professional integrity; and an ability to engage colleagues, partners, and stakeholders at all levels in alignment with the organization’s vision and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Bloomerang, the donor database that hosts all donor profiles, transactions, and interactions
- Process donations & prepare and send timely and accurate donor acknowledgements
- Update MailChimp contact lists and individual account profiles as needed
- Maintain monthly financial Quickbooks accounting and reporting
- Oversee payroll processing and update payroll administrator system (ADP) as needed
- Oversee benefits packages: health insurance reimbursement, Simple IRA retirement, etc.
- Schedule and prepare documents for annual audit
- Responsible for office management, including, but not limited to: manage incoming and outgoing mail, answer and direct phone calls, maintain inventory of office supplies, manage vendor payments
- Work with Director of Donor Engagement and Development Manager on special projects, as requested
- Promote maturity, professionalism, and ethical practices while working as a team member
- College degree
- 3+ years experience working in an office environment
- Proficiency in word processing and maintaining spreadsheets
- Experience with Google Suite platforms preferred
- Experience with cloud-based CRM/database preferred
- Strong written skills
- Problem-solver with a desire to meet and engage new people
- Independent and self-motivated
- Passion for issues of social justice
This position is based in Wellesley, MA, USA.
Please send resume and cover letter to Katie@flyingkites.org